Thursday, May 14, 2015

Start design nail table

I started designing my new nail table about six months before I had it built. I used to use a sofa table I found at a local furniture store because it was narrow enough so the distance between my clients and me would be short. It was perfect and cute, but with all the nail art supplies I use on one set, I was running out of room. I needed something bigger, but I didn't need a table with a vent system because I had already made a homemade vacuum system that worked great. Taking  innovation from nail desks that were on the market, I designed my own. I worked with a local cabinet-making company to design the top. Although they had no idea how imperative some features were to the design, they were awesome to work with and made a beautiful top for my new desk! The legs are Alex drawer systems from Ikea. I’ve been using my desk now for just about a year, and some days, when the art supplies cover my desk, I wonder how I ever used anything smaller.  I absolutely love my new nail desk. My clients love all the room it gives us, and I love all the room it gives me to have endless nail art supplies out for various nail designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment